Sunday, July 5, 2009

Get ready, Get set.

My travel manual came in the mail the other day for my trip to Thailand. I'm traveling with International Student Volunteers (ISV) for a four-week excursion through Thailand, and even though I've been looking forward to this trip for well over a year, the reality hasn't hit me yet. This will be my first time overseas; what a shock this experience is going to be!

I was first attracted to the idea of traveling with ISV when I heard about it on Western's campus and decided to look into the program. A standard ISV tour includes 2 weeks of volunteer projects (conservation, community development, and research), followed by 2 weeks of adventure touring. All in all, an amazing month to look forward to!

I designed this blog to keep family and friends informed of my travels (Thailand and beyond), as well as keep a record of my own findings. Right now, I'm still in the prep stages, and looking through all of the gear I need to purchase/acquire is a little daunting, but I'm sure it will all work out.

If you would like to know more about my travel plans, take a look at ISV's website: www.isvonline.com. The adventure tour itinerary is laid out, as well as possible volunteer projects.

I'll be writing frequently before I leave, and as frequently as possible while in Thailand, so keep checking back in!

Take care, everyone!
Laura
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment