Saturday, August 15, 2009

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Five. That is exactly how many days I have until I take off for my big adventure.

Am I excited? You betcha.
Nervous? Yeah, sure.
Scared I'm going to see an bug the size of my head?!
Yes, very scared... Let's move on.

In all seriousness, I feel pretty good about my trip so far, and my 'To Do' list is narrowing down.
Let's see how things have been going:

1. Shots completed- check
2. Made it through all my medications without hurling (yet)- check
3. Purchased all my traveling supplies- check (I think; you know how last minute things always seem to fall from the sky.)
4. Copies of all my documents- check
5. Buy textbooks, finish work projects, etc. for when I return home - check

Okay, okay... not too shabby. Here's what I have left:

6. Put new music on my ipod
7. Pack the huge pile of what I've been calling 'Thailand stuff' taking up a corner of my room into an equally huge backpack
8. Withdraw enough funds to exchange for bahat (Thai currency)
9. Show up at the airport on August 20th

So... I guess all I really have to do now is show up, which is both gratifying and terrifying.

On another note, I wanted to share an article with you on the sex trade in Thailand. I recently received this article from a loved one; it is not only informative, but summed up many of the reasons I want to continue working for women's health and education:
http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=7479

With that said, I don't imagine our group leaders will take us through the red district in Bangkok.

Looking forward to taking pictures, discovering culture, and obtaining adventures to share with you all. Keep safe, keep happy.

Love, Laura
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment