Friday, May 6, 2011

my accomplishment of the day.

Today was Sports Day at my school, and what better way to make use of the token foreigner than by having them participate in a race? Little did my staff or students know that I would dominate.

This has now made me a legend at my school, if only for a day. Students spent any conversation time with me swinging their arms in a 90-degree angle saying, "very very fast!" or giving me the thumbs-up shouting, "GOOD JOB TEACHA GOOD JOB!!!"

Both a source of pride and a boost to my popularity to have a 1st place stamp on my hand.

It was a good day.


There is a lot more to say about Korean Sports Day, but I'm about to go to Seoul for the infamous Lotus Festival (which celebrates Buddha's birthday). Thus, this rolling stone's gotta bounce.
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment