Thursday, June 23, 2011

K-pop Friday.

For all the months I've been here, my blog has-- strangely-- managed to be almost devoid of Korean music. Considering how high I put music on the list of life-influencing factors, it's time to let you all in on the emotionally fascinating music that is K-pop.

Unlike pop in the States which focuses on gettin' crunk or scoring ladies, the heart throbs that run the K-pop kingdom seem to have different agendas. Performer 'Beast' (stage name 'B2ST') sings the summer single 'Fiction' with an angst I can only call dedicated.

"I can't believe the fact that you are leaving me... I will re-write the story of you and I."

My 6th grade girls love B2ST in a fanatical way only pre-teens can love a pop idol. In fact, my Korean co-teacher jokes that he should get a B2ST face mask so they will focus better on their English lesson. Not a bad idea, considering I find "BEAST" written all over their desks after class.




On another note, my co-teacher shared this video with me today. I'm not familiar with the artist or the song, but I thought it was a really good representation of the unique style and feel Korea has in their pop music videos. Sharp, colorful and modern, borderlining on freaky.



Happy Friday to those near and far!
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment